The mother of a 19-year-old Seattle man fatally shot last month in the Capitol Hill Organized Protest (CHOP) zone filed a wrongful-death claim against the city of Seattle this week, alleging city officials created a dangerous environment by allowing protesters to occupy six city blocks and that police and fire officials failed to protect or medically assist her son.
The city has 60 days to respond to the claim before a federal lawsuit can be filed, according to attorneys representing Donnitta Sinclair Martin, the mother of Lorenzo Anderson. He was shot multiple times early on June 20.
And this was just a casualty the the city deserves to pay for because it is their fault.https://t.co/87td6eINhn
— Bless your Liberal Heart (@almostcanceled) July 21, 2020
The mother of a young man who was shot dead in Seattle’s former CHOP zone has filed a wrongful death claim against the city of Seattle, alleging that city officials created a dangerous environment and failed to provide medical help to her son as he lay dying.
Lorenzo Anderson, 19, was one of two men shot in Seattle’s former Capitol Hill Occupied Protest zone around 2:30 a.m. on June 20.
Donnitta Sinclair, Anderson’s mother, is represented by the Herrmann Law Group and contends in the claim that her son was shot multiple times, but Seattle police and fire department medics stood by and declined to help him as he lay bleeding to death.
“I believe the city let me down, they let my son down (and)they let the community down,” Sinclair said. “And they need to be responsible.”
Civilian medics eventually loaded Anderson into a pickup truck and drove him to Harborview Medical Center, where he later died.
“Explain to me why they didn’t go in there and help my son,” Sinclair said.
Attorney Mark Lindquist said the city created a dangerous environment by allowing lawlessness in the CHOP to flourish.
“The city abandoned this area and the city had no safety plan in place for this abandoned area,” Lindquist said.
The anarchists wouldn’t allow medics and police in without a fight. The instigators, all known, should be sued. The city will settle without going to court and the taxpayers will be forced to cough up the cash.
Author: Alicia Luke
Source: Freedom Out Post: Mother Of Seattle CHOP Shooting Victim Files Wrongful Death Claim Against The City